Each strategy is a simple string with variable parameters. There are four types of strategies.
- Technical Indicators
- Candlestick Patterns
- Charting Patterns
- The Strat
1. Technical Indicators
To enter any technical analysis strategy, you can simply type in the following text
name_period condition name_period_or_value
Here, name_period is the first technical indicator with a name and period (optional), which is the historical candles that we use to calculate the indicator. Condition is simply a > or < sign that signifies the condition that should be fulfilled. Finally, name_period_or_value is either a fixed value, or another technical indicator with a period value. Default timeperiod for every indicator is 14
- rsi > 70 : RSI value is greater than 70.
- rsi_20 > 70 : RSI value calculated with 20 period size is greater than 70.
- rsi_20 > stochs : RSI (20) is great than Stochastics.
- price > ma_20 : Close price is greater than 20 moving average.
- change_10 > 5 : Price has moved more than 5% in the last 10 days
Available Technical Indicators
- PRICE - Close Price
- CHANGE - Price change over last n days
- MA - Simple Moving Average
- EMA - Exponential Moving Average
- VWAP - Volume Weighted Average Price
- RSI - Relative Strength Indicator
- STOCHS - Stochastics
- MACD - Moving Average Convergence Divergence
- MACDS - MACD Signal Line
- MACDH - MACD Histogram
- CCI - Commodity Channel Index
- HBAND - Higher Bollinger Band
- LBAND - Lower Bollinger Band
- MBAND - Middle Bollinger Band
- ADX - Average Directional Moving Index
- EOM - Ease of Movement
- MFI - Money Flow Index
2. Pre-made Strategies
These are pre-made strategies for you that you can simply add. The list will continue expanding.
- gap up : Signal when a stock gaps up
- breakout : Signal when a stock breaks out
- GAP UP
- GAP DOWN
- BREAKOUT : Price goes above a resistance level
- BREAKDOWN : Price goes below a support level
- VOLUME SURGE : Volume > 1.5 times the Average Volume
- VOLATILITY SQUEEZE : When volatility starts to decrease
- VOLATILITY EXPANSION : Increase in volatility
3. Candlestick Patterns
These are simply candlestick patterns that you can name and add a _candle at the end.
- doji_candle : Signal when a doji candle appears
- spinning top_candle : Spinning top candle
- hammer_candle : Hammer candle.
- HAMMER - Hammer Candle
- SPINNING TOP - Spinning Top Candle
- DOJI - Doji Candle
- ENGULFING - Outside Candle
- INSIDE - Inside Candle
- BULLISH - Bullish / Green Daily Candle
- BEARISH - Bearish / Red Daily Candle
4. Charting Patterns
These are simply chart patterns that you can name and add a _pattern at the end.
- ascending triangle_pattern : Ascending Triangle
- descending wedge_pattern : Descending Wedge
- bull flag_pattern : Bull Flag.
- BULL FLAG
- BEAR FLAG
- ASCENDING TRIANGLE
- DESCENDING TRIANGLE
- SYMMETRICAL TRIANGLE
- ASCENDING WEDGE
- DESCENDING WEDGE
5. The Strat
These are strategies from what's called "the strat". Please google the term to learn more about it. All you need to do is type in the strategy followed by _strat keyword.
- 22 bullish continuation_strat
- 212 bearish reversal_strat
- bullish pmg_strat
- BULLISH PMG : Bullish Pivot Machine Gun
- BEARISH PMG : Bearish Pivot Machine Gun
- 22 BULLISH REVERSAL
- 22 BEARISH REVERSAL
- 22 BULLISH CONTINUATION
- 22 BEARISH CONTINUATION
- 212 BULLISH CONTINUATION
- 212 BEARISH CONTINUATION
- 212 BULLISH REVERSAL
- 212 BEARISH REVERSAL
- 312 BULLISH REVERSAL
- 312 BEARISH REVERSAL
6. Long Short Only
If you only want to have long only, or short only strategies, you can simply add a keyword at the end of your strategy. Default is long_only
- long_only : Will ignore all short trades
- short_only : Will ignore all long trades